- 3 portions of Ramen Noodles
- 1l Water
- 10g Kombu
- 8 Dried shiitake Mushrooms (soaked)
- 3 Cloves Garlic
- 3 slices Ginger
- 1 stalk Japanese Leeks
- 2 tbsp Miso
- 250ml NutriSoy Fresh Soya Milk No Sugar (Note: Nutrisoy Fresh Soya Milk is available in regular, reduced sugar and no sugar added, you may select according to your preference.)
- 100ml Soy Sauce
- 100ml Sake
- 50ml Mirin
- ½ head Cabbage (slice into discs, like Charshu)
- Spring Onion
- Toasted Sesame Seeds
- In a pot add water, kombu. Bring to just before a boil and turn off the heat. And remove kombu.
- In a small boil, combine sake, mirin and soy sauce. Set aside
- In another large pot add oil over medium heat, add leaks, garlic and ginger. Stir fry until fragrant. Add in Kombu dashi stock, soaked halved mushrooms and mushroom liquid.
- Bring to a boil and add 100 ml of sauce mixture. Cook for 2 minutes and adjust to taste.
- Once stock is ready, add in Miso over a strainer to dissolve and add Soy milk.
- In a pan with oil, pan fry cabbage slices. Season with salt. Pan fry until lightly browned on both sides and add 1 tbsp of sauce mixture. Cook until cabbage is slightly caramelized.
- Assemble ramen by adding boiled noodles into a bowl, soup, charred cabbage, sesame seeds, corn, spring onion and Nori.