214g all-purpose flour
46g granulated sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
236ml Farmhouse milk
180g ricotta (low-fat or whole)
3 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 - 2 tbsp lemon zest (optional)
60ml fresh lemon juice
14g butter, melted
- Preheat a non-stick skillet set over medium heat.
- In a mixing bowl whisk together flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt for 20 seconds.
- Make a well in center of flour mixture and set aside.
- In a separate large mixing bowl, whisk together milk, ricotta, eggs and vanilla until well blended.
- Add butter, lemon zest and lemon juice to milk mixture and blend until combined, it will look slightly curdled.
- Immediately pour milk mixture into flour mixture and whisk just to combined.
- Pour 1/3 cup batter onto skillet and cook until bubbles begin to appear on surface and bottom is golden brown, then flip and cook opposite side until golden brown.
- Serve warm, dusted with powdered sugar (optional) and drizzle with maple or berry syrup.